Please Note: after hours calls are 4:30pm-8:30am, weekends and stat holidays. Although the offices are closed during the pandemic, reception at 20 Main office is available and will re-direct calls or take messages during regular business hours.
April 24, 2020
Dear Board, Families, and Communities
RE: COVID-19 Extended Closure
In response to the COVID-19 Pandemic and evolving precautionary measures taking place in our service area, Anishinaabe Abinoojii Family Services offices will remain closed until May 31, 2020 by which time the situation will be assessed again. This is to ensure the health and safety of our clients, staff, and communities.
AAFS will continue to provide essential services using the following measures:
- AAFS staff will work remotely from home and will be available by email. Reception will be available at the office to redirect calls and take messages during regular working hours (8:30 am to 4:30 pm) and can be reached at: 807-468-6224
- On-call services will be available afterhours (4:30 pm – 8:30 am), on weekends, and on Statutory Holidays and can be accessed by calling: 1-866-420-9990
- Niigonikaapaawiitang Nanadamowin Counselling Services will be available and can be accessed by calling the Resource Manager at: 807-407-3338
- All payments will continue without interruptionand mail will be checked
- All non-essential face-to-face contacts including family visits, therapy appointments and home visits will be postponed until further notice
- All non-essential and non-medical out of district travel will be postponed until further notice
- All training, workshops and forums will be postponed until further notice
- All calls that require a field visit will be assessed based on urgency (children in danger will be seen immediately)
We recognize that this is an evolving situation and reserve the right to alter AAFS precautionary measures as required. We will continue to pay close attention to First Nation, local, provincial, and national developments. We appreciate your understanding and patience at this time.
For further information you may contact:
Lawrence Jourdain, Executive Director: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dennis Petiquan, Associate Director: email@example.com