Role of the Elders Advisory Council
The role of the Elders is integral in the preservation and maintenance of Anishinaabe Abinoojii Family Services member community cultures. Accordingly, Anishinaabe Abinoojii Family Services will continue to facilitate this process through our Elders Advisory Council to:
- Provide cultural and spiritual advise and guidance;
- Provide guidance on repatriation, cultural and language strategies and initiatives;
- Assist in Feast, Ceremonies and other events as required;
- Guide and provide direction in implementation of our 2018-2024 Strategic Plan; and
- Define Protocols for the Elders Advisory Council role when called upon in gatherings, meetings and Conferences.
Pronouncement of the Elders Council
Customary Care Program of Anishinaabe Abinoojii Family Services
Pronouncement of the AAFS Elders Council respecting the services of AAFS as a Customary Care Program for Anishinaabe children, families and communities.
We hereby pronounce and proclaim the following:
- The programs and services provided by and extended by AAFS are hereby pronounced and proclaimed as the Customary Care Program of AAFS including prevention, protection, alternative care and counseling programs.
- The Elders Council are instructing the Board to make a similar proclamation and declaration of the Customary Care Program.
- Thereafter, the Elders Council are instructing the Chiefs to render a similar proclamation and declaration of the Customary Care Program.
- Henceforth, AAFS will deliver services in accordance and compliance with the Elder’s Declaration dated the 23rdDay of April, 2010.