RESOURCE MANAGER- FAMILY REUNIFICATION HOME
Contract Position for one year with possible extension
Location – Kenora
The Resource Manager (RM) is a temporary program support position. The RM directs all team functions, supervises, and coordinates the efforts of the Family Reunification Home staff to provide culturally based Prevention & Family Preservation Programs. Family Reunification home will be holistic, community-orientated, family-focused, and culturally safe and competent. Through needs assessments and quality service provision, the RM will achieve positive outcomes for the well-being of families and their children, reduction of social deviance and impediments, support and strengthen family systems, reduce the number of children requiring alternate placements or admission to care and successful reintegration of children and youth back to their families and communities.
- B.S.W. with a minimum four (4) years direct experience is preferred, however, others with a combination of related education, experience and skills will be considered;
- Knowledge of Customary Care and the practice of Prevention and Family Preservation, services development, social casework management, member First Nation communities and social Structures, Anishinaabe family systems as well as local customs and traditions;
- Knowledge of the National Child Welfare Reform, Canadian Human Rights Tribunal, Child Youth and Family Services Act, and the Grand Council Treaty No.3 Child Care Law;
- Knowledge of the Structure an operations of AAFS including management structure, internal policies, procedures and protocols;
- Knowledge of the structure and operation of Grand Council Treaty No.3 and the First Nations in Kenora area including tribal and external services and services agencies;
- Working Knowledge of group dynamics, consultation and conflict resolution techniques;
- Demonstrate ability to prepare comprehensive narrative and statistical reports regarding services delivery and procedures;
- Demonstrated ability to influence and facilitate community and group decision-making processes thorough knowledge, ideas and persuasion;
- Strong commitment to helping Anishinaabe children and their families by providing services in ways that respect Anishinaabe culture and spiritual practices;
- Excellent supervisory, planning, time management, organizational, problem solving, decision-making, interpersonal, conflict resolution, leadership skills and work plan implementation;
- Ability to work flexible hours as determined by the Director of Services;
- Ability to develop program from inception to execution;
- Superior Oral and written communication skills;
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality at all times;
- Must possess a valid Ontario G Driver’s License and be willing to travel;
- Must provide a clear Vulnerable Sector Check and Driver’s Abstract; and
- Ability to speak Anishinaabemowin is preferred and a definite asset.
The work will be normally performed in a typical interior and office environment located in the offices of AAFS and in the Reunification Homes. The position will require the incumbent to enter into the homes of families and provide Resource Manager Services and work in high stress social settings, work with potential aggressive clientele, volatile sociopolitical environments, being called out with no notice to emergency situations, travel to semi-remote Anishinaabe communities on rough and winding class “C” roadways and in various weather conditions, exposure to diverse living conditions and community environments and different sociocultural milieus.
Salary Range: $70,256 – $86,164 annually
Benefits: AAFS offers Extended Health, Dental, AD&D and Group Life benefits to this contract position after one month of employment as well as voluntary participation in our Pension Program.
AAFS welcomes and encourages applications from peoples with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request
IF THIS EXCITING OPPORTUNITY INTERESTS YOU
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME WITH COVER LETTER QUOTING FILE
Manager of Human Resources c/o 20 Main Street South, Kenora, Ontario P9N 1S7
Fax: (807) 548-1345 or by Email: AAFS.HumanResources@aafs.ca
All interviewees must submit a current Vulnerable Sector Check and Drivers Abstract at time of interview.
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT APPLICATION IS: MONDAY, OCTOBER 27, 2021 @ 4:30pm