EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY – Internal/External
NIIGANIKAAPAAWIITANG (NIIGONI) NANADAMOWIN Resource Manager
Contract Position for one year with possible extension
Location – Kenora/Dryden
The Resource Manager Niiganikaapaawiitang Nanadamowin is a full-time contract position. The Resource Manager – Niigoni Program (RM-NGP) is responsible for relevant and competent service to all member First Nation children and family recipients. The Niigoni Program (BCC-NGP), “Putting the People First When Helping” provides mental health services by utilizing both mainstream and culturally based practices.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Recognizing and adhering to AAFS Mission to protect Anishinaabe Abinoojii (Anishinaabe children) and to support the healing, wellbeing and strengthening of families through Abinoojii Inakonigewin, to achieve the preservation of families.
- Master of Social Work Degree with a minimum of three years applied practice in service delivery management role A combination of education, experience and knowledge can also be considered
- Management and administrative experience in a social service agency setting
- Excellent communication, organization, problem-solving, and leadership skills
- Proven understanding of and ability to translate relevant legislation into agency-program policies and procedures
- Thorough knowledge of the Child, Youth and Family Services Act and Regulations
- Knowledge of the Ontario Child Protection Standards
- Superior knowledge of Customary Care and the philosophy of service development
- Working knowledge, or willingness to learn, the AAFS administrative operations and structure
- Knowledge of the structure and operations in the Treaty #3 territory along with member First Nation communities including tribal and external service agencies
- Excellent assessment and analytical skills with proven ability to determine successful outcomes and goals including planning, organizing, problem solving and decision making.
- Direct working knowledge and experience in a variety of computer programs including Microsoft Office Suite and various other program related programs
- Required understanding of local customs and traditions that utilize a community minded approach
- Excellent time management with the ability to plan accordingly to project timelines and goals
- Ability to flex daily work hours as determined by the Director of Services,
- Must possess a valid Ontario G Driver’s License, be willing to travel and provide a Driver’s Abstract, and
- Ability to speak Anishinaabemowin is preferred and a definite asset.
Normally performed in a typical interior office environment located in the offices of AAFS in a low to moderate noise level generally working a set schedule of standard business hours. The position will require sitting at a desk for extended periods of time. The incumbent will be required to work in an atmosphere adhering to strict deadlines. Periodic travel is also required.
AAFS requires all employees, contractors, students, and volunteers to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, absent of a valid medical exemption or other reasonable consideration pursuant to the Human Right Code of Ontario.
Salary Range: $80-560 – $98,801
Benefits: AAFS offers Extended Health, Dental, AD&D and Group Life benefits to this contract position after one month of employment as well as voluntary participation in our Pension Program.
We are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the First Nations communities that we serve. Preference will be given to Internal and/or Indigenous applicants. Please self-identify upon applying.
AAFS welcomes and encourages applications from peoples with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request
Applicants resumes may be used to create a qualified candidates list for recruitment of other positions within our organization.
IF THIS EXCITING OPPORTUNITY INTERESTS YOU
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME WITH COVER LETTER QUOTING FILE #RMN20221012 to:
Manager of Human Resources by Email: AAFS.HumanResources@aafs.ca
or c/o 20 Main Street South, Kenora, Ontario P9N 1S7 Fax: (807) 548-1345
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT APPLICATION IS: WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 12, 2022 @ 4:30pm