EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY – Internal/External Posting
Full Time Contract Position for one year with possible extension
Location – AAFS Administration Office, Wauzhushk Onigum Nation
The Finance Clerk is a full-time contract administrative position. The Finance Clerk is responsible for AP/AR, monitoring and processing Accounts Receivables for the Agency, bank reconciliations, and providing support and back-up to the Controller and AP Clerk as required.
- Community College Diploma or High School Diploma with four years direct related experience. However, a combination of skills, education and experience may be considered,
- Knowledge of the Child and Family Services Act and Regulations,
- Knowledge of Customary Care, member First Nation communities and social structures, Anishinaabe family systems, as well as local customs and traditions
- Thorough knowledge of the administrative structure and operations of Anishinaabe Abinoojii Family Services including mandate, service delivery, policies, procedures, office methods, and auditing standards,
- Committed to ensure highest level of confidentiality at all times, thorough understanding that all agency matters related to finance, service, clients, staff, and all other agency business must be kept confidential,
- Must have direct experience working with accounting software(s), experiences with Frontline and Sage Intaact considered an asset
- Experience working with Microsoft Office 365 with intermediate to expert knowledge of Excel
- Accuracy with figures, ability to prioritize, and good organizational skills,
- Must have keyboard speed of 50 words per minute,
- Ability to flex daily work hours as determined by the Finance Controller,
- Must possess a valid Ontario “G” Driver’s License, be willing to travel and provide a Drivers Abstract; and
- Ability to speak Ojibway is considered an asset.
The work will be normally performed in a typical interior and office environment located in the offices of AAFS. The position will require the incumbent to sit for long periods of time at a desk, walk, stand, bend, stoop, crouch and stretch. Use of arms, hands or fingers in typing, handing, carrying objects and repetitive movements. The noise level environment is usually quiet to moderate. Travel to semi-remote Anishinaabe communities on rough and winding class “C” roadways and in various weather conditions.
AAFS requires all employees, contractors, students, and volunteers to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, absent of a valid medical exemption or other reasonable consideration pursuant to the Human Right Code of Ontario.
BENEFITS: This contract position is eligible for 4 weeks paid vacation, Extended Health, Dental, AD&D and Group Life benefits and voluntary participation in the AAFS Pension program.
SALARY RANGE: $48,327 – $59,270
We are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the First Nations communities that we serve. Preference will be given to Internal and/or Indigenous applicants. Please self-identify upon applying.
AAFS welcomes and encourages applications from peoples with disabilities and will provide accessibility accommodations as part of the application process upon request.
Applicants resumes may be used to create a qualified candidates list for recruitment of other positions within our organization.
IF THIS EXCITING OPPORTUNITY INTERESTS YOU, PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR
RESUME WITH COVER LETTER QUOTING FILE # FC2023OUFCON TO:
Manager of Human Resources c/o Main Street South, Kenora, Ontario P9N 1S7
Fax: (807) 548-1345 or by E-mail: AAFS.HumanResources@aafs.ca
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT APPLICATION IS: OPEN UNTIL FILLED