EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY – INTERNAL/EXTERNAL
DIRECTOR OF SERVICES
Contract Position Until Further Notice
Location – Kenora
The Director of Services is responsible for ensuring that the agency consistently provides comprehensive, competent, relevant and effective service to First Nation children, families and their communities. The Director of Services is responsible for supervising the Resource Managers and specialist staff and directing professional consultants. The Director of Services is a member of the Senior Management Team and reports to the Executive Director in all aspects of job functions.
- Master of Social Work Degree with a minimum of five (5) years applied practice with children, adolescents and families, including management and administrative experience in a social service agency setting is preferred, however a combination of related education, experience and skills may be considered
- Knowledge of the Child, Youth and Family Services Act and Regulations particularly Part IV, Section 80 relating to Customary Care of the First Nations
- Expert knowledge of the Child Protection Standards in Ontario including case management and documentation requirements
- Knowledge of the structure and operations of AAFS and member First Nations including tribal and external service agencies in the area
- Knowledge of the administrative structure and operations of Anishinaabe Abinoojii Family Services (AAFS) including the service delivery model, policies, procedures and guidelines
- Ability to ensure the Resource Managers and their teams and specialist staff are delivering agency services according to provincial legislation, regulations and standards, and AAFS philosophy, polices, procedures and guidelines
- Ability to ensure the consistent provision of thorough and relevant assessment, planning, action and evaluations to all children, families, and communities being served by the agency, from point of referral to closure
- Ability to consult regularly with First Nations Chiefs and Councils, Community Care Teams and Family Services Committees to define, plan and implement required, culturally appropriate, community-based services for children, families and their communities
- Ability to advocate for support by government and other social service agencies, for the continued and expanded development of child welfare services which adequately and appropriately embody First Nation customs, traditions and values
- Ensures regular, consistent supervision with the Resource Managers and specialist staff and keeps comprehensive supervision notes on agreements made and tasks assigned for performance statistics
- Ensures appropriate and effective working relationships with the Board of Directors, Elders, Chief and Councils, First Nation and other community organizations, government officials, staff and the general public
- Excellent organizational, time management, planning with ability to prioritize, problem solving, decision making, evaluation, and leadership skills with a working knowledge of group dynamics, consultation, and conflict resolution techniques
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management, planning, problem-solving, decision-making, evaluation, and leadership skills with a working knowledge of group dynamics, consultation, and conflict resolution techniques
- Excellent assessment and analytical skills with proven ability to determine successful outcomes and goals
- Ability to flex daily work hours
- Must possess a valid Ontario G Driver’s License, be willing to travel and provide Driver’s Abstract, and
- Ability to speak Ojibway is preferred and a definite asset.
SALARY RANGE: $100,291 – $123,000
We are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the First Nations communities that we serve. Preference will be given to Internal and/or Indigenous applicants. Please self-identify upon applying.
AAFS welcomes and encourages applications from peoples with disabilities and will provide accessibility accommodations as part of the application process upon request.
Applicants resumes may be used to create a qualified candidates list for recruitment of other positions within our organization.
IF THIS EXCITING OPPORTUNITY INTERESTS YOU, PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR
RESUME WITH COVER LETTER QUOTING FILE # DS2023OUF TO:
Manager of Human Resources c/o Main Street South, Kenora, Ontario P9N 1S7
Fax: (807) 548-1345 or by E-mail: AAFS.HumanResources@aafs.ca
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT APPLICATION IS: OPEN UNTIL FILLED