EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY – Internal/External
Accounts Payable Clerk-General
Full Time Permanent Position
Location – AAFS Administration Office, Wauzhushk Onigum Nation
The Accounts Payable Clerk-General is an finance support position. The Accounts Payable Clerk-General is responsible for the provision of clerical support services to the finance and administration office and assistance to the other Accounts Payable Clerks and Payroll/Finance Clerk in timely and accurate payment of expenditures of the Corporation.
- Community College Diploma or High School Diploma with three years direct related experience. However, others with a combination of skills, education and experience that would allow them to do the job may be considered
- Knowledge of Customary Care and the philosophy of service delivery, First Nation communities, family structure, as well as local customs and traditions
- Thorough knowledge of the administrative structure and operations of Anishinaabe Abinoojii Family Services including service delivery, policies, procedures, and office methods
- Thorough working knowledge of the Employment Standards Act
- Working knowledge of the Pension Plan, WSIB EI etc
- Committed to ensure highest level of confidentiality at all times; thorough understanding that all agency matters related to finance, service, clients, staff, and all other agency business must be kept confidential
- Ability to establish and maintain purposeful relationships with staff, management, board members, vendors, and other community service providers
- Ability to ensure accounts payable for different programs are delivered with excellence and conform to provincial legislation, regulations, and funding framework, and Agency philosophy, policies, procedures, guidelines and auditing standards
- Ability to provide back up and support to the Accounts Payable department the absence of Core, Care and Prevention Clerical Staff
- Ability to ensure all expenditure and cheques requisitions are duly authorized as set out in the policies and procedures and applies account coding to expenditures in accordance to the funding framework
- Extensive experience working with a computerized accounting system; demonstrated ability to compile financial information and prepare reports
- Demonstrated ability to do batches, account payable, vouchers and enters data into Beanworks/Sage and other systems ensuring batches are posted to the appropriate month
- Ability to ensure staff and board member expenditures, and cheque requisitions are duly authorized as set out in the policies and procedures
- Ability to provide back-up duties to the Finance team as directed by the Finance Controller or Director of Finance
- Ability to reconcile account payable batch listings and post into the general ledger
- Ability to take direction and work within the philosophy, policies, procedures, guidelines, and auditing standards
- Ability to provides back up and support services to the Payroll/Finance Clerk by assisting with payroll timesheets and preparation of biweekly payroll by collecting timesheets and compiling a spreadsheet for Ceridian
- Ability to prepare backup documentation required for Auditors and for other reporting requirements/backups
- Excellent time management, problem -solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to flex daily work hours as determined by the Finance Controller
- Excellent computer skill and keyboard speed of 50 words per minute
- Must possess a valid Ontario G Driver’s Licence, be willing to travel and provide a Driver’s Abstract; and
- Ability to speak Anishinaabemowin is preferred and a definite asset.
The work will be normally performed in a typical interior and office environment located in the offices of AAFS. The position will require the incumbent to sit for long periods of time at a desk, walk, stand, bend, stoop, crouch and stretch. Use of arms, hands or fingers in typing, handing, carrying objects and repetitive movements. The noise level environment is usually quiet to moderate. Travel to semi-remote Anishinaabe communities on rough and winding class “C” roadways and in various weather conditions.
AAFS requires all employees, contractors, students, and volunteers to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, absent of a valid medical exemption or other reasonable consideration pursuant to the Human Rights Code of Ontario.
Salary Range: $46,025 – $56,446
We are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the First Nations communities that we serve. Preference will be given to Internal and/or Indigenous applicants. Please self-identify upon applying.
AAFS welcomes and encourages applications from peoples with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request.
Applicants resumes may be used to create a qualified candidates list for recruitment of other positions within our organization.
IF THIS EXCITING OPPORTUNITY INTERESTS YOU, PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME WITH COVER LETTER QUOTING FILE #APC220230411 to:
Manager of Human Resources by Email: AAFS.HumanResources@aafs.ca
or c/o 20 Main Street South, Kenora, Ontario P9N 1S7 Fax: (807) 548-1345
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT APPLICATION IS: TUESDAY APRIL 11, 2023 at 4:30pm