EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: External Posting
Contract to March 31, 2020 with possible extension
The Case Aide is a support position under contract for the Niigoni program. The Case Aide provides assistance and support to the frontline workers responsible for case management services to children and youth in care of the agency. The Case Aide reports to the Resource Manager in all aspects of job function.
- Community College Diploma or High School Diploma with two (2) years related experience is preferred, however a combination of education, experience, and skills may be considered;
- Knowledge of Customary Care and the philosophy of service delivery, the First Nation communities, family structure, as well as local customs and traditions;
- Knowledge of the Child, Youth and Family Services Act and Regulations;
- Knowledge of the operations of Anishinaabe Abinoojii Family Services including service delivery, policies and procedures;
- Knowledge of children and youth developmental needs;
- Extensive experience working with high risk and special needs children and youth;
- Ability to ensure safety of children and youth while transporting to appointments and other events;
- Ability to supervise family visits;
- Ability to report emergencies, serious occurrences, and any suspicion of child abuse/neglect:
- Ability to run errands such as pick-up and delivery of children and youth personal belongings and office supplies:
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50lbs:
- Ability to write clear and detailed case notes;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and must enjoy being with children;
- Excellent time management skills and ability to flex daily work hours;
- Must possess a valid Ontario G Drivers License and be willing to travel;
- Must provide a current Vulnerable Sector Check and Driver’s Abstract;
- Current First Aid and CPR Certificates would be an asset; and
- Ability to speak Anishinaabemowin is preferred and a definite asset.
The position will require the successful candidate to work with potential aggressive youths, lift up to a maximum of 50Ibs. This position also requires prolonged sitting and driving, travel through rough and winding class “C” roadways to the semi-isolated 14 communities that we serve and fierce weather condition. The geographical location and isolation elevate the physical effort required to perform and meet the demands of this job.
Salary Range: $40,769 – $50,000 per annum
AAFS welcomes and encourages applications from peoples with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request
IF THIS EXCITING OPPORTUNITY INTERESTS YOU, PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR
RESUME WITH COVER LETTER QUOTING FILE # CA20190814 TO:
Manager of Human Resources c/o Main Street South, Kenora, Ontario P9N 1S7
Fax: (807) 548-1345 or by E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
All interviewees must submit a current Vulnerable Sector Check and Drivers Abstract at the time of interview
DEADLINE TO SUMBIT APPLICATION IS: August 14, 2019 @4:30 p.m.